The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) propose every institution should established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to execute action plan for institutional performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality upgradation of the higher educational institution. With this aim the IQAC was established as part of the institution to work towards consciousness to attain goals of excellence and nourishment. The primary task of the IQAC is to develop and improve overall performance of the institution and stakeholders. For this IQAC channelize its all efforts and measure of the institution towards promoting its universal academic distinction.
The primary aim of the IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Following are the functions of the IQAC
- Continuous improvement in quality parameters for academic and administrative development of the university
- Create learner- centric approach by adopting technology make participatory teaching and learning process
- Developed conducive environment for quality legal education
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the Institute and good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Institute
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication